Treatment and Rehabilitation of Torture Survivors through HRFT Treatment and Rehabilitation Centers frame the core activities of the HRFT.
The objectives are:
1. Torture survivors and their relatives achieve “a state of complete physical, psychological and social well-being”
2. Accountability for torture and other forms of ill-treatment is achieved,
3. Preventive measures against torture and other forms of ill-treatment in turkey are improved and brought in line with international human rights norms
4. A holistic programme is produced for coping with on-going social trauma caused by gross/serious human rights violations,
5. Sustainable and effective programmes for the prevention of gross/serious human rights violations are developed at the international level.
Since its establishment, HRFT has provided treatment and rehabilitation to more than 18,000 torture survivors and their relatives.