The overall objective of this project to improve civil society networks to fight against gross/severe human rights violations in Turkey and to strengthen the Right to a Remedy and Reparation for survivors of gross/serious human rights violations.
The four specific objectives are as follows:
1. Activating civil society networks, facilitating joint work, creating synergy among civil society actors in the field
2. Revealing on-going gross/serious human rights violations through documentation and reporting
3. Producing, disseminating, implementing scientific knowledge in the field of human-made trauma and human rights 4. Strengthening rehabilitation of survivors of gross/serious human rights violations.
Estimated Results are:
1. Increased collaboration/cooperation among human rights actors within the context of the establishment of THRI as a civil society network
2. Increased knowledge/experience sharing among civil society actors in the field of human rights with such knowledge to be supplemented by institutionalization
3. Improved capacity of civil society actors to monitor, document, and treat torture and gross/serious human rights violations
4. Empowerment of human rights actors facing pressures
5. More effective reporting of gross/serious human rights violations
6. Increased knowledge on trauma and rehabilitation of trauma
7. Increased number of survivors of gross/serious human rights violations receiving medical, psychological and social rehabilitation and legal remedy;
8. Growth of HRFT’s role as a capacity-builder and knowledge hub.