8-9 December 2015 HRFT Daily Human Rights Report

8-9 December 2015 Daily Human Rights Report

(12/049) Curfew in Nusaybin…

The curfew in 4 quarters of Nusaybin district in Mardin reached its 4th day as of 9 December 2015.

Special Forces conducted operations on 6 December 2015 in Dicle quarter and shot Cudi Teber (23) at leg. Since security forces did not allow an ambulance to hospitalise Cudi Teber, s/he died of blood loss when s/he was taken to Mardin State Hospital. 4 persons were reportedly wounded during the operations.

Mahsum Alpdoğan (19) was shot by the security forces on 7 December 2015 in Fırat quarter and heavily wounded. He was fired from an armoured vehicle in the quarter and died in Nusaybin State Hospital.

Emine Kayran (56) was reportedly wounded when the security forces opened fire in Yenişehir quarter.

Fehime Aktı (56) was shot at chest with a grenade thrower in Dicle quarter and died in Mardin State Hospital.

M.A. (12) was shot at shoulder and wounded when the police opened fire during operations in Fırat quarter.

Hakan Doğan (15) was shot at head and killed when the police opened fire on 8 December 2015 on Dilek street in Abdulkadirpaşa quarter. He was in front of his house when killed.

(12/050) Curfew in Yüksekova…

Governorate of Hakkari declared curfew in Yüksekova district starting from 11.00 pm on 7 December 2015. The entrance to the district was closed after the decision and Special Forces started conducting operations. Ersin Aydın was shot at head and killed during the operations. The curfew was lifted in the morning of 8 December 2015.

(12/051) Curfew in Sur…

The curfew in Cevatpaşa, Fatihpaşa, Dabanoğlu, Hasırlı, Cemal Yılmaz, Savaş quarters and Gazi Avenue in Sur district of Diyarbakır where Tahir Elçi was murdered reached its 8th day as of 9 December 2015.

The police opened fire against a group of persons who wanted to march to Sur on 8 December 2015 to protest in the blockade and operations. Harun Şanlı (23) and H.Ş. (14) were wounded.

(12/052) Operations and Attacks in the Southeast…

2 police officers were wounded when a bomb exploded during the passage of an armoured digger on 8 December 2015 in Mezarlık quarter of Yüksekova district in Hakkari where curfew was implemented.

On the 8th day of curfew in Sur district of Diyarbakır, an armoured police vehicle was attacked with a rocket launcher on 7 December 2015 and 4 police officers were wounded during the attack.

A police officer was killed and 2 police officers were wounded during an armed clash that broke out on 8 December 2015 in Fırat quarter of Nusaybin district in Mardin.

Governorate of Hakkari announced that 100s of regions in Yüksekova, Şemdinli and Çukurca districts of the province were decided to be temporary security zones for 15 days between 9 and 19 December 2015. Entrance of civilians to the security zones was also banned.

(12/053) Medeni Yıldırım Case…

Diyarbakır Heavy Penal Court No 7 continued on 8 December 2015 to hear the case against one soldier launched for the killing of Medeni Yıldırım on 28 June 2013 during a demonstration against the construction of a new gendarmerie outpost in the Kayacik village of Lice district in Diyarbakır. The defendant testified at the hearing through teleconference system. Lawyer of the Medeni Yıldırım’s family Reyhan Yalçındağ gave her opinion as to the accusations. The court adjourned the hearing to 2 March 2016.

(12/054) Case of Disappearances in Kulp…

On 7 December 2015, Ankara Heavy Penal Court No 7 continued to hear the case against retired Major General Yavuz Ertürk launched in connection with the disappearances of 11 villagers after having been detained in October 1993 in villages of in Muş and Diyarbakır provinces.

The relatives of the victims testified at the hearing. The court rejected the demand for the arrest of the defendant and adjourned the hearing to 7 March 2016.

The case was transferred to Ankara upon demand of the defendant retired Major General Yavuz Ertürk’s lawyer for security reason. Yavuz Ertürk had been the Commander of Bolu 2nd Commando Brigade on the day of the incident and the Brigade had conducted operations between 8 and 25 October 1993 against the Kepir, Gurnik, Mezire, Pireş and Şuşan hamlets of Kulp district in Muş and Licik hamlet of Muş.

(12/055) Investigations, Detentions and Arrests on the Allegations of Insulting State President…

Peoples’ Democratic Party executive for Kars province Mehmet Kaya was arrested on 8 December 2015. He was previously detained on the allegations of “insulting the State President” and released on probation. He was reportedly arrested on the grounds of not going to sign daily registry of probation.

(12/056) Blog Banned…

3rd Penal Court of Peace Judge banned on 8 December 2015 access to the blog of Brazilian cartoonist Carlos Latuff for publishing cartoons on the recent developments in Turkey.

(12/057) Workers’ Action Intervened in Sivas…

The police prevented the workers of Sivas Iron and Steel Plant who wanted to stage a march on 7 December 2015 for not being paid. The police dispersed the crowd by using tear gas and detained 8 workers. The workers were on action for the last one month.

(12/058) Public Statement Attacked in İzmir…

The police attacked the members of the Socialist Party of the Oppressed (ESP) who wanted to make a public statement on 7 December 2015 on Kıbrıs Şehitleri Avenue in İzmir to protest in the recent operations against the members of the ESP. The police used tear gas to disperse the group and detained 14 persons.

The detainees were reportedly beaten in police vehicles.

(12/059) Operations throughout Turkey…

Mehmet Ekinci who was among 2 persons detained on 7 December 2015 in Yüreğir district of Adana was arrested on the same day on the allegations of “being member of an illegal organisation”.

The police conducted house raids in Duruca quarter of Nusaybin district in Mardin and reportedly detained 5 persons.

Democratic Regions Party (DBP) Co-Chair for Erzurum province Mizgin Sayan Aksoy and Bilal Yaprak were detained on the allegations of “being member of an illegal organisation” and “making propaganda of an illegal organisation” when they went to Erzurum Security Directorate to testify.