4 January 2022 Daily Human Rights Report
(01/010) Armoured Attack on HDP Office in Istanbul…
Muhammed Eren Sütçü, who was detained in relation to the armoured attack on the district office of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) in Bahçelievler district of Istanbul where 2 people were injured on December 28, 2021, is referred to the court to be arrested on the charges of ‘threat by weapon’ and ‘injury’ and is released by the court on January 3, 2022.
(01/011) Gendarmerie Intervention to a Protest in Istanbul…
The gendarmerie prevented the press declaration of Boğaziçi University students, for arrested students Enis Berke Gök and Caner Perit Özen, in Silivri district of Istanbul on January 3, 2022. It is learned that the gendarmerie prevented the journalists too.
(01/012) Proceedings Against Parliamentary Members…
It is learned from the news coverage of January 3, 2022 that, 40 proceedings demanding lift of impunity of 28 parliamentary members are submitted to Grand National Assembly.
Parliamentary members subjected to proceedings are:
- CHP Istanbul MP Mustafa Sezgin Tanrıkulu
- DBP Co-chair and Diyarbakır MP Salihe Aydeniz (2 proceedings)
- HDP Co-chair and Istanbul MP Pervin Buldan (2 proceedings)
- HDP Adana MP Tülay Hatımoğulları Oruç
- HDP Ağrı MP Abdullah Koç
- HDP Ağrı MP Berdan Öztürk (2 proceedings)
- HDP Ağrı MP Dirayet Dilan Taşdemir
- HDP Batman MP Necdet İpekyüz
- HDP Diyarbakır MP Garo Paylan
- HDP Diyarbakır MP İmam Taşçıer
- HDP Diyarbakır MP Semra Güzel
- HDP Iğdır MP Habip Eksik
- HDP Istanbul MP Dilşat Canbaz Kaya
- HDP Istanbul MP Hakkı Saruhan Oluç
- HDP Istanbul MP Hüda Kaya
- HDP Istanbul MP Oya Ersoy
- HDP Izmir MP Murat Çepni
- HDP Muş MP Şevin Coşkun
- HDP Siirt MP Meral Danış Beştaş (2 proceedings)
- HDP Şanlıurfa MP Ayşe Sürücü (2 proceedings)
- HDP Şırnak MP Hüseyin Kaçmaz (2 proceedings)
- HDP Şırnak MP Nuran İmir (2 proceedings)
- HDP Van MP Muazzez Orhan Işık
- HDP Van MP Murat Sarısaç (3 proceedings)
- HDP Van MP Sezai Temelli (2 proceedings)
- HDP Van MP Tayip Temel (3 proceedings)
- TİP Hatay MP Barış Atay Mengüllüoğlu
- Independent Muş MP Mensur Işık.
(01/013) Special Security Zones in Hakkari…
Hakkari Governorate made a declaration on January 1, 2022 and announced 11 areas in city as special military security zones as of January 1, 2022 until January 14, 2022.
Special military security zones: Hakkari central Karanlık Mountain area, Kırıkdağ (Buzul-Cilo) Kandil Alandüzü area, Oğul/Ceylanlı, Çimenli, Geçimli and Kazan area, Taşbaşı-İğdeli area; Çukurca district Çığlı/Akkaya village Erdağı area, Gündeş Köyü Adune Mountain area, Cevizli/Kayalık village Han Yaylası area, Gündeş village Kemer Mountain area, Meşeli village Kasran area, Şemdinli district Northwestern area, Yüksekova district Kamışlı Gire-Özpınar Mountains, İkiyaka Mountains.
(01/014) Special Security Zones in Tunceli…
Tunceli Governorate made a declaration on January 3, 2022 and announced 4 areas with given coordinates in Ovacık and Hozat districts as special military security zones as of December 29, 2021 until December 31, 2022.
Special military security zones: Ali Boğazı, Kıran Deresi, Eğerci and Karadere.
(01/015) Covid-19 Pandemic…
The Ministry of Health declared that 160 people died due to Covid-19 pandemic and the daily number of Covid-19 cases is 44,869 as of January 3, 2022.
The death toll from Covid-19 in Turkey increased to 82,795 and total number of confirmed ill patients is 9,597,670 as of January 3, 2021.
It is learned that Professor Abdullah Ceylan in Istanbul lost his life due to Covid-19 on January 3, 2022.
The reports on the human rights violations of the Documentation Center are claims unless they are certified. The claim of violation either is certified through thoroughly investigations of HRFT Documentation Center, including by judicial verdicts, and becomes a definite data or it is not included to the annual report.
 Daily Human Rights Reports are prepared on the information gathered by the Documentation Center from its own network and the following dailies and internet portals: Vatan, Milliyet, Hürriyet, Habertürk, Evrensel, Birgün, Cumhuriyet, Fırat Haber Ajansı, Jinnews, ETHA, Mezopotamya Ajansı, Yurt, Yeni Yaşam, NTV, Yeni Asya, Bianet, Halkinsesi.tv, Cnnturk, Tr724, İleri Haber, Siyasi Haber, Alınteri, Kızılbayrak, Sendika.org, Yüksekova Haber, T24, Diken, Gazete Karınca, Gazete Duvar. Haber Sol, El Cezire, BBC, Deutsche Welle, Reuters, AFP.