22 July 2015 HRFT Daily Human Rights Report

22 July 2015 Daily Human Rights Report

(07/106) Mine Explosion…

On 20 July 2015, 5 persons were wounded when a mine exploded during passage of a group from Syria to Akçakale district of Şanlıurfa to flee from civil war and IS/ISIS attacks in Syria.

(07/107) Massacre in Suruç…

Koray Çapoğlu, Cebrail Günebakan, Hatice Ezgi Sadet, Uğur Özkan, Narthan Kılıç, Veysel Özdemir, Nazegül Boyraz, Kasım Deprem, Alper Sapan, Cemil Yıldız, Okan Pirinç, Ferdane Kılıç, Yunus Emre Şen, Çağdaş Aydın, Alican Vural, Osman Çiçek, Mücahit Erol, Medali Barutçu, Aydan Ezgi Salcı, Nazlı Akyürek, Serhat Devrim, Ece Dinç, Emrullah hamur, Murat Yurtgül, Erdal Bozkurt, İsmet Şeker, Süleyman Aksu, Büşra Mete, Dilek Bozkurt, Duygu Tuna, Nuray Koçan, Polen Ünlü.

According to the DNA test, the bomb attack which led to deaths of above-mentioned 32 persons on 20 July 2015 in Suruç district of Şanlıurfa was organised by Şeyh Abdurrahman Alagöz (20). The suicide bomber was reportedly wanted as suspect of terrorist act for being associated with IS/ISIS. According to the news appeared in the press, the attacker took the directives face to face and prepared the bomb by himself. Şeyh Abdurrahman Alagöz reportedly organised the attack with a female attacker.

On 22 July 2015, Suruç Peace Penal Court banned publication of footages and photographs of the attack on any media. After the ban decision, access to twitter was blocked for not removing related visual materials.

The demonstrations staged to protest in the attack and Justice and Development Party (AKP) policies concerning IS/ISIS continued on 21 July 2015.

The police intervened a group of protester gathered in front of a mall in Şişli district of İstanbul. The protesters were carrying a banner saying “Counter-guerrilla is responsible with the attack in Suruç, we will bring you to account (Suruç’taki katliamın sorumlusu kontrgerilladır hesabını soracağız)”. 8 members of People’s Front (Halk Cephesi) were detained during the intervention

The police dispersed the protest in Kadıköy district of İstanbul by using tear gas and water cannons. 11 persons were detained. 8 persons were reportedly detained during the protest in Esenyurt district.

During the police intervention in Küçükçekmece district of İstanbul, M.G.D. (7) was shot at head with a tear gas canister. M.G.D. is still in intensive care.

The police intervened the protest staged in Nusaybin district of Mardin by using tear gas, Naile Ağırman (55) was shot at her leg with a tear gas canister and hospitalised.

Peoples’ Democratic Party MP Behçet Yıldırım was sprayed tear gas during the protest staged in Adıyaman and hospitalised. The police used tear gas to disperse the crowd and detained 2 protesters.

4 persons were wounded during the police intervention in Ağrı. The police used tear gas, rubber bullets, and water cannons to disperse the crowd and detained 7 persons.

The police reportedly intervened the protest in Dicle district of Diyarbakır by using real bullets.

On 22 July 2015 early in the morning, the police raided the premises of Socialist Party of the Oppressed (ESP) in Gazi quarter of Sultangazi district in İstanbul.

(07/108) Political Party Premises Attacked in İstanbul…

On 21 July 2015, unidentified persons organised an armed attack against the Justice and Development Party (AKP) contact office in Zümrütevler quarter of Maltepe district in İstanbul.