If you have been tortured in police or gendarmerie headquarters, security directorates, prisons or law enforcement officers used violence on you without any detention procedure;
- First of all you should insist to get a medical report from the physician during and after the medical examinations.
- If you could not get a medical report that documents the torture or ill-treatment from the physician, you can apply to Human Rights Association’s branches or bar associations to get a report and to make official complaints against the perpetrators.
- You can apply to Human Rights Foundation of Turkey’s Representative Offices in Ankara, Istanbul, İzmir, Diyarbakır and Cizre Provinces for the treatment of the physical and psychological issue caused by the torture or ill-treatment.
- HRFT will also be helpful for you to get an independent medical evaluation report.
- If you inhabit in other cities Human Rights Association’s nearest branch will help you to contact with us.
- The physicians that you will meet in HRFT will determine your treatment.
- ALL THE TREATMENT SERVICES IN HRFT ARE FREE OF CHARGE.
Human Rights Foundation of Turkey
Adres: Mithatpaşa Caddesi No: 49/11 6. Kat 06420 Kızılay/Ankara
Telefon: +90 (0 312) 310 66 36
Fax: +90 (0 312) 310 64 63
Also you can check contact page