You can apply to HRFT Ethical Committee about the studies that you want to realize !
HRFT Ethical Committee is formed to conduct the Treatment and Rehabilitation Projects of HRFT, to evaluate the applicants and, if necessary, to express opinions during HRFT’s operations by the means of ethics.
This committee is consisted by 5 experienced people in the fields of positive sciences, social sciences, ethics, education, health, law etc. elected to represent the Foundation in every field of study by the Executive Committee of the Foundation.
Ethical Committee evaluates received research studies uttermost in 2 months. Committee decide by the majority of votes, yet different opinions are expressed by their reasons in the response. Dissenting opinions can be attached to decision book and this opinion is preserved in the report which is to present to the Executive Committee.
Existing Ethical Committee of HRFT consists of Nilgün TOKER, Berna ARDA, M. Emin ÖNDER, Türkan SANCAR and Hüsnü ÖNDÜL.
For detailed information: TİHV Etik Rehberi (in Turkish)
Ethical Committee Aplication Form: TİHV Etik Kurul Başvuru Formu (in Turkish)
If you have been tortured in police or gendarmerie headquarters, security directorates, prisons or law enforcement officers used violence on you without any detention procedure;
- First of all you should insist to get a medical report from the physician during and after the medical examinations.
- If you could not get a medical report that documents the torture or ill-treatment from the physician, you can apply to Human Rights Association’s branches or bar associations to get a report and to make official complaints against the perpetrators.
- You can apply to Human Rights Foundation of Turkey’s Representative Offices in Ankara, Istanbul, İzmir, Diyarbakır and Cizre Provinces for the treatment of the physical and psychological issue caused by the torture or ill-treatment.
- HRFT will also be helpful for you to get an independent medical evaluation report.
- If you inhabit in other cities Human Rights Association’s nearest branch will help you to contact with us.
- The physicians that you will meet in HRFT will determine your treatment.
- ALL THE TREATMENT SERVICES IN HRFT ARE FREE OF CHARGE.
Human Rights Foundation of Turkey
Adres: Mithatpaşa Caddesi No: 49/11 6. Kat 06420 Kızılay/Ankara
Telefon: +90 (0 312) 310 66 36
Fax: +90 (0 312) 310 64 63
Also you can check contact page
Ensuring accountability on torture and ill-treatment cases is one of the main aims of HRFT since its foundation. By the knowledge of justice is important for the recovery process of a torture survivor, we are struggling to enlighten the cases and put the perptrators on trial.
For this purpose, the evidences and documentation of torture play an important role. However, insufficient and deficient judicial reports leaves torture survivors desperate in their fight against impunity. That is why, by the coordination of our law department, our volunteer lawyers try to give support to our applicants’ cases.
Furthermore, by the efforts of HRFT, Turkish Medical Association (TMA), Society of Forensic Medicine Specialists and other professional bodies, we are preparing “alternative medical evaluation reports” by paying attention to the ethical values and the frame of UN Manual on Effective Investigation and Documentation of Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, commonly known as the Istanbul Protocol.
Adress: Mithatpaşa Caddesi No: 49/11 6. Kat 06420 Kızılay/Ankara
Telephone: +90 (312) 310 66 36
Fax: +90 (312) 310 64 63
HRFT Diyarbakır Office
Adress: Lise Caddesi Eyyüp Eser Apartmanı No: 8/2 Yenişehir, DİYARBAKIR
Phone/Fax: +90 (412) 228 26 61 – 228 24 76
HRFT İstanbul Office
Adress: Bozkurt Mah. Türkbeyi Sokak Ferah Ap. No:113/6 Kurtuluş-Şişli İSTANBUL
Phone: +90 (212) 249 30 92, 293 43 33
HRFT İzmir Office
Representetive: Prof. Dr. Veli LÖK
Adress: 1432. Sokak Eser Apartmanı No: 5/10 Alsancak, İZMİR
Phone/Fax: +90 (0232) 463 46 46 – 463 91 47
TİHV Cizre Reference Center
Adress: Dicle Mahallesi, Nurullah Caddesi No 63 / 1 Cizre, ŞIRNAK
Phone: +90 (486) 616 86 07
Fax: +90 (486) 616 86 10